- Simply beautiful common red poppies! Great for bees, butterflies, birds and other garden wildlife, and really easy to grow.
- SUPER SIMPLE GARDENING: No need to ‘plant’ or dig – Just scatter on top of soil, no need for aftercare – nature will do the rest! Perfect for bees and ideal for balcony / window box pots & garden beds. 1 pack contains 12 balls and will cover half a metre square in a garden bed or 3-4 medium sized pots (leave at least 10cm between each ball).
- WINNER OF *BEST PRODUCT FOR WILDLIFE 2019* by Grow Your Own Magazine, and *BEST NEW GARDENING GROWING PRODUCT 2017* at the Garden Retail industry Awards.
- CREATED BY CONSERVATION SCIENTISTS: Clay balls protect the seeds before and after germination to naturally protect the seeds from being eaten by birds and insects. We also include chilli powder to help deter slugs and snails from eating the young shoots. 100% British made using Native UK-sourced seeds & peat-free compost. Best scattered in Spring or Autumn.
- A brilliant and simple way to grow beautiful British poppies in your garden, pots and window boxes
- Poppy (Papaver rhoeas) in an annual that will flower in its first Spring / Summer season and is ideal for attracting pollinators and other garden wildlife.
- Growing wildflowers from seed balls provides a natural protection for the seeds – helping germination rates and growth without the need for complex propagation. They’re very easy to use – simply scatter on top of soil or compost and let nature do the rest! They’ll grow equally well in pots or other planters.
- Each seed ball contains a mini ecosystem: wildflower seeds are mixed with clay, peat-free compost and a smidgen of chilli powder, and rolled into a small ball. The dried clay acts as a protective casing from common seed predators (such as ants and birds). When sufficient rain permeates the clay, the seeds inside begin to germinate – helped along by the nutrients and minerals contained within the ball. The chilli powder continues to deter predators while the seed ball slowly degrades and the seeds sprout.
- As a guide at least 10 seed balls per half square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 – 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot – leave around 10cm between each ball.
- Seed balls are best scattered in the spring or autumn, and each ball contains approx 100 poppy seeds. Please be patient with growth, native wildflowers are naturally slow to sprout (2-6 weeks) and flower.