Seedball Garden Meadow
- WILDFLOWER SEEDS PERFECT FOR ALL GARDENS: Cornflower, Oxeye Daisy, Cowslip, Red Campion, Musk Mallow, Yellow Toadflax, Meadow Cranesbill. Perfect For Creating Your Wildflower Garden!
- SUPER SIMPLE GARDENING: No need to ‘plant’ or dig – Just scatter on top of soil, no need for aftercare – nature will do the rest! Perfect for bees and ideal for balcony / window box pots & garden beds. 1 pack contains 12 balls and will cover half a metre square in a garden bed or 3-4 medium sized pots (leave at least 10cm between each ball).
- WINNER OF *BEST PRODUCT FOR WILDLIFE 2019* by Grow Your Own Magazine, and *BEST NEW GARDENING GROWING PRODUCT 2017* at the Garden Retail industry Awards.
- CREATED BY CONSERVATION SCIENTISTS: Clay balls protect the seeds before and after germination to naturally protect the seeds from being eaten by birds and insects. We also include chilli powder to help deter slugs and snails from eating the young shoots. 100% British made using Native UK-sourced seeds & peat-free compost. Best scattered in Spring or Autumn.
- A brilliant and simple way to grow a wildflower garden perfect for pollinators and other garden wildlife
- A mixture of native wildflower seed, clay, compost & chilli powder rolled into a protective ball.
- Urban meadow mix is a colourful combination of annual and perennial wildflower seed that’s perfect for pollinators. The mix contains cornflower (Centaurea cyanus), common toadflax (Linaria vulgaris), cowslip (Primula veris), meadow cranesbill (Geranium pratense), oxeye daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare), red campion (Silene dioica), musk mallow (Malva moschata).
- Growing wildflowers from seed balls provides improved seed germination rates without the need for complex propagation.
- Each ball contains approx. 100 urban meadow mix seeds, peat-free compost, clay and chilli powder. They’re very easy to use – simply scatter on top of soil or compost and let nature do the rest. They’ll also grow equally well in pots or other planters. The dried clay acts as a protective casing from common seed predators (such as ants, mice and birds).
- When sufficient rain permeates the clay, the seeds inside begin to germinate – helped along by the nutrients and minerals contained within the ball. The chili powder continues to deter predators while the seed ball slowly degrades and the seeds sprout.
- As a guide at least ten seed balls per half square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 – 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot.
- Garden Meadow seed balls are best scattered in the spring or autumn.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.