Seedball Butterfly Mix
- Seedball Butterfly Mix is a collection of mostly purple, pink and blue wild flowers designed to attract butterflies! Mix includes Purple Loosestrife, Forget-me-not, Musk Mallow, Red Campion and Yarrow.
- SUPER SIMPLE GARDENING: No need to ‘plant’ or dig – Just scatter on top of soil, no need for aftercare – nature will do the rest! Perfect for bees and ideal for balcony / window box pots & garden beds. 1 pack contains 12 balls and will cover half a metre square in a garden bed or 3-4 medium sized pots (leave at least 10cm between each ball).
- WINNER OF *BEST PRODUCT FOR WILDLIFE 2019* by Grow Your Own Magazine, and *BEST NEW GARDENING GROWING PRODUCT 2017* at the Garden Retail industry Awards.
- CREATED BY CONSERVATION SCIENTISTS: Clay balls protect the seeds before and after germination to naturally protect the seeds from being eaten by birds and insects. We also include chilli powder to help deter slugs and snails from eating the young shoots. 100% British made using Native UK-sourced seeds & peat-free compost. Best scattered in Spring or Autumn.
- A brilliant and simple way to grow a wildflower garden perfect for butterflies.
- Using only wildflower species recommended by Butterfly Conservation, this mix includes both early and late summer flowering plants: red campion (Silene dioica), purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria), forget-me-not (Myosotis arvensis), yarrow (Achillea millefolium) and musk mallow (Malva moschata) plus speedy growing annuals Cornflower, Chamomile, Night-Flowering Catchfly & Corn Marigold!
- Growing wildflowers from seed balls provides a natural protection for the seeds – helping germination rates and growth without the need for complex propagation. They’re very easy to use – simply scatter on top of soil or compost and let nature do the rest! They’ll grow equally well in pots or other planters.
- Each seed ball contains a mini ecosystem: wildflower seeds are mixed with clay, peat-free compost and a smidgen of chilli powder, and rolled into a small ball. The dried clay acts as a protective casing from common seed predators (such as ants, mice and birds). When sufficient rain permeates the clay, the seeds inside begin to germinate – helped along by the nutrients and minerals contained within the ball. The chilli powder continues to deter predators while the seed ball slowly degrades and the seeds sprout.
- As a guide at least ten seed balls per half square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 – 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot – leave at least 10cm between each ball.
- Best scattered in the spring or autumn, and each ball contains approx 30 Butterfly Mix seeds.
- Please be patient with growth, native wildflowers are naturally slow to sprout (2-6 weeks) and flower (not all plants will flower in the first summer).
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.